We're seeking an Assistant to join our Talent Success team. This is a remote based role, ideally full-time (40 hours / week) but can be structured flexibly for a minimum of 20 hours / week.
- Do you love customer service and the idea of helping bright minds connect with and land their dream job in consulting?
- Do you want to work in a fast-paced tech start-up environment driven by excited and passionate people?
- Do you want to make a difference in helping open up a highly competitive industry to a more diverse group of talented people?
If so, we would love to meet you! The core of this role is helping candidates to be successful in landing new consulting jobs. You will help them to find & apply for jobs, review their applications, provide feedback and supporting them through the interview process. We already have over 1,000 registered candidates and are adding more every day. We expect this to accelerate!
This role also involves building relationships with university careers services across the UK. You will develop deep understanding of how to engage with recent and future graduates, and manage our processes for promoting jobs to them.
We’re turning the consulting hiring market on its head by enabling firms to search for and connect with the best talent for them. Candidates can create a unique personal profile, take our ConsultingQ assessments, search for firms in our database of 100s of consulting firms, and then connect to hiring managers with our support.
We are first to market with this proposition. Our deep knowledge of consulting and decades of recruitment experience are enabling us to win clients quickly. We are experiencing rapid growth already. We’d love you to join us as we build a truly unique business!
This role is both process and people focused. It will suit someone who is diligent and systematic, likes engaging with and helping people, and is comfortable working independently within defined processes.
We will measure success in a few ways:
- Are candidates getting a great experience with Explore and finding our support valuable?
- Are we consistently reducing the time / effort needed to support candidates?
- Are we able to efficiently promote our jobs, events, and resources across many different UK universities?
- How many candidates & jobs are we able to support with the team we have?
Key activities will include:
- Reviewing candidate applications & profiles to match them to employers
- Preparing content to help candidates understand employers
- Sharing resources with them to help them prepare for interviews
- Identifying common themes that candidates need help with and sharing them internally so we can decide what to prioritise
- Building expertise with UK university careers services & their job boards
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position please send your CV and cover email explaining why the job appeals to you. Email this to email@example.com
Our perfect candidate would...
...be a graduate of a UK university, or have good knowledge of the UK university system
...be passionate about engaging with candidates to help them land great jobs in a competitive industry
...be an independent worker with rigorous attention to detail and a passion for making things better & simpler
...be tech-savvy enough to figure out multiple different platforms and tools (ours, and those used by careers services)
...be a structured thinker, able to communicate clearly and confidently
Strong English language skills are critical.
Transparently, here's our interview process:
- If we think there is a fit we’ll send you a short video and ask you 3 questions. We'll ask you to record a quick video answering the questions and send it back to us. This is an important step for us to see how well you'll come across to candidates.
- The next stage would be a live video call with one of our Founders - Deri Hughes or Mark Emerson. This is a chance for you to ask questions, and for us to learn how you think and align to our core values.
- Finally, we’ll send you a written exercise to prepare ahead of a final round interview. This will have two parts – going through the exercise, and more time to connect.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
At Explore Consulting, we appreciate the value that comes from building a team of diverse employees. Whether that be diversity of age, disability, sex, gender, sexuality, race or religion, we strive to create a team where anybody can thrive. We strongly believe a varied workforce creates a more innovative company with a broader perspective.
Not available at present
£21 - £24k FTE