Global Counsel is seeking a Senior Associate to support its growing Health and Life Sciences practice in our London office. The practice provides strategic policy and commercial consultancy for the pharmaceutical industry, health technology providers and a wide range of organisations across the health, social care and life sciences landscape. We help our clients by producing detailed reports assessing policy risk and opportunities, engaging in the cutting edge of thought leadership and developing innovative approaches to public policy engagement.
The role is based in our London office, however, we will consider applications from people who wish to work remotely, if they have the right to work in the UK.
Who we're looking for:-
- We want people who love to learn about policy, delving into the detail and building their own network of experts they can call on for insight. Curiosity and intellectual energy are vital to this role.
- We are looking for people who write and speak with precision and flair; if you enjoy editing and restructuring writing, you might be the right fit for us. We also value people who work well with data, who can turn a complex spreadsheet into a visual that aids understanding.
- We are looking for someone who already has some knowledge and expertise of healthcare policy; a deeper knowledge of life sciences policy or health technology is desirable, but not essential. You should have at least three to five years of experience from a background such as the civil service and politics industry, think tanks or a public affairs agency.
The Senior Associate role at GC combines direct research and project delivery with increasing responsibility for business development and cross-company collaboration. Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering research, analysis and advice on a wide range of political, regulatory and policy developments to clients
- Managing deliverables for retained clients and for project work, marshalling GC's wider resources and expertise
- Producing original written content, including policy papers, published blogs, reports and marketing material, to build your own profile and that of Global Counsel
- Supporting new business strategy by identifying and developing approach to potential new clients
- Learning from the experts around you to expand and deepen your own understanding