Global Counsel is seeking a Senior Associate to support its global climate and sustainability practice. The successful candidate will work for a range of international clients, including some of the most prestigious companies and investors in financial services, manufacturing, technology and consumer goods. The role offers exposure to a wide range of high-profile policy and political issues, including emissions trading, circularity, sustainable transport, green cities, sustainable supply chains, and many others.
The role is for anyone living and with the right to work in an EU member state or the UK.
Who we are looking for:-
- We want people who love to learn about policy, delving into the detail and building their own network of experts they can call on for insight. Curiosity and intellectual energy are vital to this role.
- We are looking for people who write and speak with precision and flair; if you enjoy editing and restructuring writing, you might be the right fit for us. We also value people who work well with data, who can turn a complex spreadsheet into a visual that aids understanding.
- We are looking for someone who already has knowledge and expertise in providing strategic and evidence-based advice on energy and sustainability issues. You should have at least 3-5 years of experience from a background in government, international institutions, think tank, consultancy or in-house policy team.
Role and responsibilities:-
- Support clients to assess the risks and opportunities of evolving climate and sustainability policy and analyse public and political expectations.
- Support the development and implementation of advocacy and thought-leadership campaigns on climate and sustainability issues for clients.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and a wider network of businesses and policymakers at senior levels.
- Support business development by identifying potential clients, contributing to pitches and campaigns.
- Lead the development of climate and sustainability events as part of the team's broader marketing campaigns and efforts to contribute to policy debate and discussion.
- Produce written content and analysis in the form of policy papers, blogs and reports.
- Act as an active ambassador for Global Counsel at relevant industry and policy events, and invest in developing the skills, expertise and reputation of yourself and others.